2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbs cream
- mix together 1 cup flour, baking powde, salt & all the spices.
- cream butter, beat in sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla & cream.
- stir in flour mixture, then add enough of the remaining 1 cup flour to make the dough stiff enough to roll.
- wrap in plastic wrap and chill several hours.
- preheat oven to 180 degree C / 375 degree F.
- place dough on adequately floured surface (lightly floured didn't work for me...) and roll to about 1/8" thickness - these cookies must be quite thin. Cut into shapes, placed on ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes. (mine came out perfect at 10 mins) (Note: when I used an ungreased sheet as suggested, my cookies stuck to it and broke! So I greased it with spray on grease and that worked much better)