Friday, March 30, 2012

Fibre Filled Cereal

This one doesn't contain muesli, but high-fibre bran flakes - The bran flake cereal I used (Heartland Bran Flakes) seems to be a bit healthier than Kellogg's All Bran Flakes, in that it contains wayyyy less sodium (0.2mg vs over 200mg.....)

I've also added no sugar to this cereal (yay!)...instead I sweetened it with some other healthy options, so here goes:

bowl of bran flakes of your choice
1 dessert spoon digestive bran
1 dessert spoon molasses bran (a sweet bran which I love to use)
1 dessert spoon of raisins (for some sweetness)
a few blobs of plain greek yoghurt
honey & sweet molasses to drizzle (or omit the honey if you want sugar-free)

And if you're not lazy like I was this morning, you could add 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds too, and even sunflower seeds for some extra nutrition. :)

Combine the dry ingredients and raisins, then mix in the yoghurt, and then drizzle over some honey and molasses to taste.  Yum!  It's the first time I've tried this combination and I think it turned out good - the molasses really does the trick! I may even leave out the honey next time and add a little more molasses.

I think this is a pretty good fibre-y breakfast. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment