Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mashed Cinnamon Sweet Potato

I had some coconut milk left from the 'tato, lentil & coconut curry, so I decided to try something new (for me anyway) - I made some sweet potato mash with coconut milk.  I only made a small portion because I didn't think my husband would have any since he's not a big fan of sweet potatoes unless I bake 'em along with a bunch of other veggies...oh well, his loss. :)

I think it turned out good, and would make a nice sweet side dish with....well, some savoury main meal.

1 cup mashed sweet potato
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
6 tbs coconut milk
small pinch powdered Himalayan crystal salt

Mix all together.  Use more or less coconut milk depending on how you want the consistency of the mash to be.  And it really doesn't need any other sweetening as it's quite sweet already.

I don't often invent recipes from scratch, so I'm glad this one turned out nice (at least I think so). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment