Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Double Fibre Muesli

If I can add some extra nutrition and health benefits to a meal without altering it's taste, then I do so - which is very helpful for people who are fussy eaters.  :)  So here's how I eat my muesli:

1 serving of your favourite muesli
1 tbs molasses bran
1 tbs ground flax seeds
1 tbs sunflower seeds
1 tbs rice or whey protein powder (optional)
plain greek yoghurt
honey

Mix together all the dry ingredients, add a few big dollops of yoghurt (enough to cover your muesli to your liking), drizzle over some of your favourite honey (I use plain or orange blossom runny honey).  Mix and eat.

The molasses bran is a sweet bran, so not only does it add some extra fibre, but also some sweetness.  The flax seeds also add some fibre, as well as a whole lot of other healthy benefits.


No comments:

Post a Comment