1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/8 tsp stevia powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 medium very ripe bananas (mashed)
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup + 2 heaped tbs plain greek yoghurt
1 tbs ground flaxseeds mixed with 2 tbs water & left to stand for 5 mins before adding
2 tbs apple sauce (or oil if you wish)
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 350 F / 160 C, & coat a muffin pan with non-stick coating
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, stevia & salt in a large bowl
3. In another bowl, whisk together bananas, peanut butter, yoghurt, flaxseed mixture, vanilla & apple sauce
4. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until combined
5. Fold in chocolate chips and divide mixture into muffin pan.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until testing stick comes out mostly clean
7. Let cool in muffin pan before removing from pan.
1. once the muffins are baked, they'll feel very soft and you may think they're not yet done, but they are done as long as the inserted stick comes out mostly clean - you don't want to bake it until the stick is entirely clean because then you may lose a lot of the softness of the muffin.
2. if you want to make a bread out of this, pour mixture into a bread tin and bake for about 40-50 minutes or until testing stick comes out mostly clean.
3. they freeze really well also, and once defrosted, they're just as fluffy and soft as before.
|I ran out of whole wheat flour so I used white flour instead, that's why it's so light in colour.|