Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Beans & Viennas with Barley

This is made with soy viennas of course. :)

I was in the mood for barley, so I had to think up something good that I could serve with it and so I came up with this dish, and I think it turned out nice.  Well, even my husband liked it, so there must be something good to it. :)

Serves 2-3

1 cup uncooked barley, cooked according to instructions
olive oil for frying
1 onion, chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes with sauce (+-410 g)
1 can red kidney beans, drained (+- 410 g)
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp dried mixed italian herbs
3 soy viennas, defrosted & sliced into thinnish slices
himalayan salt to taste

1.   Fry onions over medium heat in olive oil until translucent.
2.   Add kidney beans and tomato.
3.   Stir in worcestershire sauce, cumin and herbs
4.   Let simmer for about 20 minutes, add viennas and simmer for another 5 minutes.  Serve warm and add salt to taste if you like.

I want to try this with fresh tomatoes next time (didn't have enough last night).

No comments:

Post a Comment