Tuesday, November 8, 2011

5 Minute Chocolate Cake

This is really not a healthy delight, but it is a delight nonetheless, and is perfectly suitable for those late night (or any other time really) chocolate cake craving emergencies.  I'm so glad someone gave me this recipe.  It's no gourmet cake, but it really is tasty and chocolate-y...IMHO.  :)

It makes a good-sized single serving:

4 tbs cake flour
4 tbs sugar
2 tbs cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tbs sunflower oil
3 tbs milk
vanilla essence (optional)

1.   Add dry ingredients into a coffee mug and mix.
2.   Add all other ingredients and mix well until well combined
3.   Microwave on high for 3 minutes.  It will rise a bit but won't "overflow"

Grab a spoon and munch!  (oh, but for goodness' sake let it cool a bit first - a very impatient task when the cake is just sitting there....staring at you....waiting to be munched....teasing your nostrils with chocolate-y cake aromas....)

I use 3 tbs sugar & 3 tbs cocoa powder instead though and it's still just as delicious - must cut out some sugar where we can!  ;)

Linked up at these tasty blogs:
Rook No. 17          .

6 comments:

  1. Oh that's perfect. My husband sometimes (like every 2 months or so) has these wicked cravings and decides he wants to bake a cake at night. The last craving had us pulling out a cake at midnight. I was a little grumpy. I am off the hook. I just give him this recipe!!! Amazing discovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks WONDERFUL!
    And... for those "chocolate emergencies"... I have no doubt it will fill the need!

    I'm going to have to save this for my own "emergencies"!!

    Have an AWESOME day!

    I found you via Rook No. 17 Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there- found you through the hop and am a new follower. Thanks for sharing- this is being bookmarked with all my other "emergency" desserts! I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

    I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for emergencies!! I would love to have your recipe in my Sweet Swap party, that I am co-hosting this month. Please stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this sounds a bit "sinfully-delicious" and way too easy to make. If this is the kind of blogger you are, how could I not follow.....lol! Stop by my blog sometime. Nice to meet you, but my hips might disagree!
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll SO be making this!

    With all the blog parties out there, and at one of the busiest times of the year, it means an awful lot that you take the time to share your talent on “A Little Birdie Told Me…” Tuesdays at Rook No. 17!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete