Friday, January 24, 2014

Raw Chocolate Cookies

I'm completely addicted to chocolates & cakes and things, so I'm looking & searching & SEARCHING some more for healthy treats to satisfy my unhealthy cravings, and then I found these cookies - when I first tried them I thought "uhhhh, they taste like coco powder", but then the more I munched 'em, the nicer they became and now I'll definitely be making them again.  So bottom line, these may take a little getting used to, but they do satisfy a chocolate craving, and they ARE tasty.

In fact, my husband does our shopping every week, and he'll always get us a slab of chocolate for the weekend, and this week I told him not to get me one, 'cause I'm gonna make me some 'a these cookies instead.  A proud moment for me.  :)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup raw cacao powder (I'm using normal store bought cocoa powder for now, but I'll be making the switch to the raw one soon)
2 tbs liquid sweetener (maple syrup, honey, agave, I used organic rice syrup)
4 tbs + 1 tps organic coconut oil, melted
  • put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix to combine well
  • take teaspoon sized portions, roll into little balls and squish em flat to form a cookie shape
  • place in a glass dish & refrigerate for about 1 hour until "set"                                              
NOTE: if you use coconut oil in it's semi-solid state, the recipe will still work, but the batter will be reeeeally crumbly - just take teaspoonfulls of mixture and press into shape, it will hold together.

No comments:

Post a Comment