Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Malva Pudding

This is EASILY one of my most favourite desserts in the whole world (if not THE favourite), I LOVE malva pudding!  It's so sweet and so moist and so tasty.  :)  And it's so sinful with all the sugar, hehe.
 For the pudding:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbs apricot jam
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp bicarb of soda
  • generous pinch of salt
  • 1 tbs butter
  • 1 tsp vinegar
  • 1 cup milk
For the sauce:
  • 1 cup cream
  • 125 g butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  1. Beat the egg and sugar well with an electric beater.  Add the jam.
  2. In a separate bowl mix together flour, bicarb and salt
  3. Melt butter and add vinegar - add liquids to the egg mixture alternatively with the flour mixture - beat mixture well
  4. Bake in a greased glass dish at 180 degree C (350 degree F) for 45 minutes to an hour
  5. Sauce - melt together all ingredients and pour over the pudding as soon as it comes out of the oven - you may have to do this slowly to give the liquids chance to soak into the pudding so that it doesn't overflow if you don't have a high baking dish
I don't think I'd ever make this dessert for when we have guests, 'cause I'm too stingy to share THIS one. :)
I dunno if you can see it, but it's SOOOOO moist.

Mmmmm.....served with cream....Although I'm one of those people who like to have some dessert with my cream, I actually enjoy this pudding more without cream - weird, I know....but that's how good it is. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment