Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Vegan Coconut Ice

Here's something to satisfy your coconutty cravings.  I love coconut ice but all the bad kind of sugar in there from the condensed milk and sugar makes me not want to make it anymore.  This one does contain some agave but in total much less sugar than the original coconut ice.  I found this recipe, but it was called white chocolate which is what tempted me to make it in the first place, but to me it's nothing like white chocolate and everything like coconut ice. 
3 cups desiccated coconut
1/4 agave nectar (I'm sure maple syrup will work as well, and honey)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
  • place coconut into food processor and process for about 5 minutes until it's chopped up finely
  • add remaining ingredients and process for about another 5 minutes
  • press mixture into a glass dish and freeze for about 30 minutes so that it can set.  Aftewards it's fine if you keep it in the fridge, but if you keep it at room temp they're go soft 
Lucky for me my husband, who's not a huge desiccated coconut fan, didn't like this at all so it was ALL MINE, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment