coconut oil for frying
400g brown mushrooms, chopped up
1 large onion, well chopped
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup smooth cottage cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp himalayan salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 - 1/2 cup grated cheddar (or whatever cheese you like)
- heat over to 180 degree C. Get a baking dish ready of more or less 9x13 in.
- heat oil and fry mushrooms with some salt to taste. Stir now and again until mushrooms have released their liquid and have browned a bit
- add onion and cook for about 5 mins until they're translucent, then remove from heat and add cooked rice - mix well
- in another bowl, whisk together eggs, cottage cheese,sour cream & salt.
- combine egg mix with rice mixture and mix to combine well, then pour into baking dish
- sprinkle cheese on top, cover with tin foil & bake for 30 mins